Mobile Banking FAQs
- What is Mobile Banking?
- A service that enables you to access your account information, conduct transfers,
and pay and manage your bill payments from any mobile device that has Web browsing
capabilities and active data plan.
- What does Mobile Banking cost?
- Mobile Banking from Century Bank is FREE, but you are required to subscribe
to a data plan through your wireless provider. You should check with your wireless
provider if you aren't sure whether additional fees might apply.
- Is Mobile Banking currently available to all users?
- Mobile Banking is available to registered Century Bank Internet Banking users.
- Will Mobile Banking work on my mobile phone?
- Mobile Banking is designed to work on a number of mobile devices and new devices
are added regularly. Generally, Smart Phones are recommended. If you are unable to use
Mobile Banking on your device, Century Bank can attempt to have your device added to
the approved device list. There are some devices, however, that cannot be supported
and cannot be added to the approved list. We will need the make and
model of your device and the name of your mobile carrier in order to make this request
through our Mobile Banking provider. Your mobile device must have Web browsing capabilities
and an active data plan through a wireless carrier.
- Which mobile service providers support this service?
- The service works on all major mobile providers in the U.S., including but not limited to:
Alltel, AT&T, Cellular One (Dobson), Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless,
and Virgin Mobile.
- How does Mobile Banking work?
- From a mobile device with Web browsing capabilities and an active data plan, all you have
to do is open a browser and enter the following URL to access the Century Bank Mobile Web page:
- Enter the same User ID and Password that you use for Internet Banking and select the
Log In button. There is no additional registration required. Answer any additional security
questions (if needed) then select the Continue button to access Mobile Banking.
- Once logged in, you can:
- Access Your Accounts - The Mobile Banking experience is virtually the same as
Internet banking, although on a smaller screen.
- Pay Bills - You must first register and set-up your payees/billers on a PC before
utilizing bill payment through Mobile Banking.
- Make Transfers - You must have more than one account on Internet Banking for this
functionality to be available on Mobile Banking.
- What other options are available on the log in page?
- You will see links that provide branch and ATM locations, as well as how to contact Century
Bank customer service.
- How many transactions can I see on my phone at a time?
- When you select an account name link on the Accounts tab, up to 15 transactions display for
the last 10 days. Use the vertical scroll bar to see all of your transactions. If more than 15
transactions occurred during that time period, select the More history button to view the rest
of your transactions.
- Can I see transactions for a different time period?
- Yes, just use the Change Date Range 'to' and 'from' fields entering the date as mmddyyyy with
no punctuation, then select the Go button to get the transactions.
- Can I change accounts on the Transaction History page?
- Yes, just locate the dropdown field below the Change Date Range fields, then select another
account from the list. The display will refresh to show recent transactions for the new account.
- Where can I locate the transaction details?
- Within the Transaction History page, just click
the payee name (e.g., Wal-mart, Target, etc.) to see the transaction details, including: Date, Amount, Type of
Transaction, Reference #, Store name and ID.
- What different kinds of funds transfers are available?
- On the transfer tab you can enter an immediate transfer between your accounts using the
Transfer Now feature. Or to schedule a future transfer, use the Schedule Transfer link.
- Can I see scheduled transfers on my phone?
- Yes, just select the View Scheduled Transfers link on the Transfer tab to see up to 10
transfers scheduled over the next 30 days. If you have more than 10 transfers scheduled, just
select the View More button.
- Can I change or remove a scheduled transfer?
- Yes, you can do both. On the Schedule Transfer page scroll down and use the Edit Scheduled
Transfer link to change the Amount, From Account, To Account or Date for any future dated one-time
transfer. Or you can use the Delete Scheduled Transfer link to remove a future dated one-time transfer.
- Why can't I access the Bill Pay tab?
- The Bill Pay tab is only enabled for users that have signed up for Bill Pay within the
Internet Banking application on a personal computer and have set up one or more payees (people
or companies you want to pay). When you are ready to make payments on your phone, selecting the
Bill Pay tab will open the Make a Payment page.
- Can I register for Bill Pay on my phone?
- Sorry, not at this time. You have to access Internet Banking using a personal computer, find
the Bill Pay button and enroll there. Chances are, you automatically registered for Bill Pay when
you signed up for Internet Banking. If so, all you need to do is set up one or more payees (people
or companies you want to pay) to get started.
- How do I make a payment using my phone?
- Select the Bill Pay tab and review the Pay from account (to change it, select another account
from the dropdown field and select the Change button). Then select a payee name link from the list
and enter the Amount of the payment and the date to send/deliver the payment (as mmddyyyy) then
select the Pay button. A confirmation message is then displayed, select OK (or Submit) to continue.
- Can I see pending payments?
- Yes, just select the Pending Payments link on the Make a Payment page to see up to 10 pending
payments closest to today's date. Use the vertical scroll bar to view all 10 payments or select the
View More button to see additional payments.
- Can I cancel a pending payment?
- Yes, on the Pending Payments page scroll to the payment you want to remove and select the Cancel
link. Then confirm that you want to delete the payment.
- Can I change a pending payment?
- Yes, on the Pending Payments page scroll to the payment you want to change and select the Details
link. On the Payment Details page select the Edit button. Then change the amount, payment date, pay
from account or payment category as needed and save your changes.
- Can I see completed payments on my phone?
- Yes, just select the Payment History button on the Make a Payment page. You will see the most
recent 10 payments that have been made. Use the More History button to see additional payments, a
maximum of 90 days in the past. The details provided include the payee name, payment date, amount
and "From" account.
- How do I log out?
- When you're ready to log out, just select the Log Out button at the top right of the page to
exit Mobile Banking and return to the Login screen.
- Are my challenge question answers case sensitive?
- No, your challenge answers are not case sensitive (e.g., Pine is the same as pine). However,
they must be in the same format that was originally used (e.g., 1/2/10 is not the same as 01/02/2010
or Jan 2, 2010). Try to select answers that only you know and ones that you should be able to remember.
- Is a password needed for Mobile Banking?
- Yes. From your mobile device, all you need to do is log in to Mobile Banking the same as
you would Internet Banking, using the same login information you do for Internet Banking. No separate
Mobile Banking sign-up is required.
- I have disconnected my mobile phone. Will my service continue to work?
- For Mobile Banking to work, you must have a mobile device with Web browsing capabilities and active
data plan through a wireless carrier.
- I have a new mobile device and phone number. Will Mobile Banking work on it?
- Yes. You can access Mobile Banking from any of your mobile devices, as long as the mobile device
has Web browsing capabilities and active data plan through a wireless carrier.
- Is it safe to bank using the Mobile Banking service?
- Yes. To protect your privacy, you are required to authenticate yourself, using the same information
from Internet Banking, on each individual mobile device. And all communication between your mobile device,
wireless provider and the Mobile Banking server are encrypted. In addition, your passwords, answers to
challenge questions and account information are never stored by the mobile device or in the Mobile
- Is help available through my mobile device?
- For help regarding Century Bank's Mobile Banking product, contact Century Bank's Customer Service
by phone (502) 859-5111 or email email@example.com.
For help regarding your mobile device and/or wireless Internet connectivity, contact your wireless provider.
- What does the 'Remember this phone' checkbox do?
- Selecting the Remember this phone checkbox activates extra security for your phone so you don't have
to enter the security challenge questions when accessing Mobile Banking using that phone. You also
have the option to Remove extra security from this phone , if needed, when you get inside Mobile Banking.
- My session timed out pretty quickly, can I change the timeout value?
- Five minutes is the only timeout option. For your security and protection, when there has been no
account activity for five minutes, the session times out and displays the Mobile Banking log in page
with a Session Expired message.
« Return to Mobile Banking